Saturday, October 9, 2010

We played a soccer game, the score 2-1 and we....................

     WON!!!

      Hello people from Life Community Church and the others who are reading this blog post. This morning we went to the village of Lagutu and played a game of soccer (or football). We showed up for the game and saw a large group of people on the side of the feild ready to watch the match, along with the football team from the village, all in bright red jerseys. We played a half game of soccer, only 40 minutes, and had a blast. We had a couple of the SOM (Sport Outreach Ministries) staff on our team and we played great. Ashley headed the ball three times in succession and then kicked it towards the other teams goal. Afterwords we split up into teams of two with a translator to give our testimonies. We also heard the testimonies of some of the people who live in the village.
     Earlier in the day we went to the village of Paguiny. Here a man named Santino and his family gave their life to Christ a few months ago, along with 40 others. We went to the village to see and encourage them. Aaron gave his testimony and Whitey gave a message to the people living there. Whitey also gave them a Bible written in Acholi. The son of Santino, whose name is Bonaface, was able to read it so the people there will be able to have the word of God and learn from it. Mr. Blevins prayed for the sick and Ashley prayed for those who wanted to become saved. We had a great time both at Paguiny and in Lagutu. It is wonderful to see people give there lives to Christ and to be so excited about recieving a Bible, something that we take for granted many times in America.
     After lunch and a short rest we went back to Koro Farm where we had a prayer and worship service in order to prepare for tomorrows Church services. The prescence of God was very strong in the building as we prayed for those who needed prayer and as we prayed for the staff of SOM. The staff of SOM is so wonderful and dedicated. Truly God is using them to reach Gulu, Kampala, and all of Uganda. We ended our time there with a meal before we came back to the hotel.
     A quick side note to my family. I love you Mom and Dad. I greatly value the support that you give me and you are wonderful parents. I will be coming home, the rest of the team will not let me stay here and they make sure that I am ok. I have a 15 second time limit to be outside their sight before they said they would start looking for me. I love you Stephen, Ethen, and Corbin, I will be home soon.
       Lauren
     Funny moment of the day:
        Learning the difference between rabbit and hello/thank you. Both are spelled the same (Afoyo) but the prenouncation is different. We may have been waving to people and shaking their hands and saying "Rabbit, Rabbit" the past 3 days that we have been here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rabbit Rabbit Sweet Lauren! I love you so much and I am so proud of you. My heart swells each time I see that another soul has come to the Loving Knowledge of our Savior. Wow! We are in constant prayer for you and the whole team. You all are a great reminder that God is living and working in the lives of others all over the world.
I am glad that you are well taken care of, I had not one doubt.
Give everyone a big squeeze for me! Love you so much...we have a big surprise for you when you get home!

LILY

Mom
AKA Veronica

Unknown said...

Hey LCC Team,
Wow it sounds like your having a good time.Congratulations on your soccer game,also for holding the record for brick making.I enjoy hearing your experience with the village people & the amazing stories.It fells as if I was there with you.God is truly using you to make a difference in Lajwatek.Hope you have a wonderful church service.

P.S. Ashley easy on the (fruity) drinks.With all that sugar you'll be the one dancing!!
Bless you all,Dave

jeana lindbert said...

Amen Dave! Easy on the drinks babe.

Great job Lauren! You are awesome!

Bigs hugs and much love to all!

Rae said...

Hey Team,

It is so amazing to be able to picture all the places you have visited and to know you are going so far beyond what we did a few months ago. You all are my heroes and I'm so proud of you!

We miss you here, but are so glad you are there.

Faith and hope,
Rachel

PS--I wonder how many people *I* called "Rabbit!" ;)