Sunday, October 10, 2010

Mixed Emotions

Hey Life CC,
   Another awesome day complete here in Uganda!  Today is a day of mixed Blessings:  We attended 2 Worship services today, one in the morning at Koro Farm and Lajwatek in the afternoon.  Tim preached at both services, and I think was “out-preached” by Dennis the interpreter who is a preaching machine.  Seriously, Tim and Ashley shared a powerful Word to all!  After the afternoon service at Lajwatek, we had a bore hole (well) dedication ceremony, an event that brought tears to our eyes, thank you Life Community Church for the generosity that allowed this to happen today – Our God is an Awesome God.
  Unfortunately, today is our last day at Gulu and to be with the SOM Team.  We are all saddened by having to leave all the friends we have made.  We were able to share a dinner with almost all of them followed with an awesome time of Worship and Fellowship.  I have never met a group of people so dedicated and focused collectively on the mission of changing their world for Jesus.  They have changed all of our lives, and we would be wise to emulate them in continuing to reach the lost and needy in our community.
   I feel I can speak for the whole team, on how much we love the people here and know in our heart of hearts that God is alive, moving and doing mighty things in this place.  There is hope for a people that just a couple of years ago were hopeless.  We leave in the morning for a destination that will be disclosed on tomorrows Blog.  Thank you for praying for and supporting us during the last days.  We love you all.
To Doris, Amber and Ashlee, I love and miss you, and thank you for allowing me to follow thru on the mission God has called me to over here.  Until Thursday, Stay Blessed.
All Praise to Him,
Jim
P.S. Out of 6 people from the team here while I’m typing this, Mitchell, who is a native Ugandan was the only one that knew how to spell emulate, go figure.

4 comments:

jeana lindbert said...

Hey guys or should I say kings and princess as my hubby would like me to refer:-)

I know today is so bittersweet for you guys. All the work you have done, all the friendships made, and all the life change that has taken place. You guys are awesome. Enjoy your next adventure and we will all be praying hard for you here.

I Love you Ash and miss you so much. Have some funny stories for you. Can't wait for your hugs
Aaron-big hugs my brother. I love you! Can't wait to hear everything. We went to the park with Faith and boys today for 3 1/2 hours. Needless to say we wore them out. They are great but missing you!
Tim-let me just start by saying Harriet is looking like a true queen waiting for her king. She is as beautiful as ever. Also Matt did a great job today.
Jim-great writing and so glad you have been blessed as I am so sure you have been a blessing
Mr B-what a man you must be because your son there can't say enough beautiful things about you. What a legacy!
Lauren-you are awesome. An amazing young woman running full out to the heart of the Father. Way to set the bar girl!!

Unknown said...

Hey LCC team - Dave is letting me write tonight. We have enjoyed reading the blogs and look forward to hearing the whole story when you return.What an awsome experience you have had,I know you will be changed forever.It is amazing what God has done in the village of Lajwatek! Although Dave could not be with you this time,know that he is with you in spirit. God Bless, Barbara

Faith said...

Hello Team:-)

Praying your hearts are forever changed by what God did while you served in Uganda! I so look forward to experiencing it through you when you arrive home Aaron. Thank you for your openness to go and serve! I am excited to hear your heart and what God is doing in it through this time.

Aidan has had his Daddy moments and misses you greatly. Both boys are doing well and we all love you very much! Eli is sure to crack his first tooth and start walking soon. He is in desperate need of a haircut but all this will wait until you are here to experience it all. Aaron, thanks for being you and I am grateful for all I have learned through our marriage. I've even learned some things since you have been away!! I hope your day is great!! While I miss you I feel connected even though you are miles away;-) I love you and our boys love you!

Ashley, thanks for leading the team. I think it is awesome that you and Aaron were able to experience it together. We love you:-)

Great job team. Hope the safari is awesome for all of you. Be safe heading back home.

See you soon!!

Faith

harriet Blevins said...

Dear LifeCC team,
I'm not sure if you all are still receiving these comments at this point, but I just want all of you to know how proud we are of all of you!
It is so exciting to get the blog posts and try to experience this a little bit with you...it must be overwhelming to experience it first hand! We cannot wait until you return and share it with us.

Our prayers will continue until each of you is home safely....I have spoken with all of your wives and they are running their homes like Champions! We are all missing you greatly and counting down the time until we see you again!
Tim, I love you more than you will ever know...only 2 more sleeps! :)
Blessings and love,
Harriet