Thursday, October 7, 2010

Day 2

UNBELIEVEABLE! This is about the only way to describe today.  What’s up Life CC, it is Aaron tonight giving you all the update about today and it is an honor to do so.  The day started with a worship service at the farm, which was an incredible experience.  I have sung worship songs my entire life, but today the simplest of songs… “This is the Day That the Lord Has Made”, made me cry like a baby (for the first of many times today).  After worship we went to Lajwatek.  We were welcomed with a tribal song and dance that was amazing.  Shortly after arriving Aloysius took us all down to the well.  Today Pastor Tim, and the entire group were able to drink CLEAN water from the well… It was unbelievable.  Ashley and I made bricks that will be used to build a daycare/ church facility.  I have never had so much fun working a shovel, and spending time with my brother doing something with so much purpose.  We all led “small groups” in the afternoon which was really cool to be a part of.  Lauren and CC actually had a lady accept Christ in their group.  The highlight to the day I would say came when we couldn’t find Pastor Tim and Dustin.  We knew they were safe, but they had disappeared.  When they came back to the main area they had an older gentleman with them.  Upon returning Aloysius went up to speak with them and was informed that the most senior member of Lajwatek – not in age but in political stature, made a decision to accept Christ!  PRAISE GOD, the GOD of the universe is alive and well and doing amazing things in Lajwatek. 
                We left the village and went back to the farm for lunch and a house visit to a wonderful lady and her 3 small children.  We played a soccer game that Ashley got the only hand ball in, but it was a blast.  Gunny as I loving call him from his days in the Corps, or Jim to everyone else, was hanging out with Mr. B, or Pastor Tim’s dad during the game.  They started hanging out with some of the kids at the farm and enjoyed giving the children the time of their lives.  The kids got to see themselves on a camera after their picture was taken.  They were also given some water with a Propel packet in it, and drank so much Mr. B says he heard them swishing when they walked. 
                On the way back to the hotel, we stopped at a house that Aloysius has helped with pigs.  The children came from everywhere and it was so amazing to stop and see them.  The children loved Gunny (Jim), as he showed them his USMC bulldog tattoo and pretended to bark at them.  As we walked out I looked back and it looked like something out of a movie as Gunny had kids everywhere around him following him, as they went.  Awesome!
                Back at the hotel we ate a great dinner, and came into the room we are now in, where we sang some worship songs and prayed over Dustin, pastor Tim, and Mitch  (a director at SOM).  We will be going to bed soon, but this will be a day that will not be forgotten.  Thank you all for your prayers, keep praying, the enemy is working, but PRAISE GOD, HE is stronger.  Thank you all and since I get to write tonight I want to tell Faith I love you so much, I miss you, thank you for caring for our boys, and please tell them how much I love them.  You are an incredible spouse and I so thankful for His grace of giving me you for my spouse.  I love you, I’ll see you soon.



Funny Events of the Day:
1)      We found out that if you took a chicken that is definitely someone’s, even though it is in the middle of nowhere, you will be taken back to the elders, condemned as a thief and will probably end up as a pile of ashes
2)      As pastor Tim and Dustin were talking to the Lajwatek senior member, the man we now call John, looked at Dustin pointed at Tim and said I can’t understand him.  If you didn’t catch that Dustin had to translate Tim’s English into English because John couldn’t understand.
Aaron

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey LCC Team,
Wow it sounds like everyone is doing well.What an amazing
experience to drink fresh water
from the well in Lajwatek.Praise God for that well!I wish I was there with you.
Tim & Dustin,great work in
leading John to christ.God will use
him to lead other's to christ.I pray for salvation for every person
in Lajwatek.
Tim,your family is doing well.Harriet is feeling alot better.We've been checking on them
daily.
Jim, (Gunny) glad to hear your having a fun time with the kids.I remember all their smiling faces & the joy they were filled with.Continue doing God's work.
Ashley,What's up with the dancing on the plane?Please stay away from those bathrooms with just a drain.I laugh eveytime I think about that experience & the look on your face when I told you.
Great job your doing there.I pray your team will make a huge impact on the lives of the people in Lajwatek.
To the rest of the team,great job your doing.Be safe &
continue to do God's work!
I enjoy reading your blog
daily.It reminds me of the trip in
Feb.,also feels like I'm there.

Bless you all,praise GOD Dave Kelly

harriet Blevins said...

Wow! Sounds like you guys are having a blast! It is so wonderful to hear all that God is doing! I loved the story of John accepting Christ~~ so awesome! I'm sure Tim and Papa are having so much fun together and I think it's cool that everyone's calling him Mr. B....that is what all the kids called him growing up!
You are all loved and missed and we are all so proud of you! Tim....I love you and miss you so badly! You are such an awesome person! I pray you feel that God is moving mightily in your midst! xoxo~~

jeana lindbert said...

Baby
I love you so much and I can't believe how much I miss you. You are our rock! The boys miss you so much but have been good-fighting colds, but all is well. You are an amazing man and I take for granted how much love and joy you bring to our home. Your smile lights up our day, but I know you are bringing that free, contagious spirit to the people there. You are my love! We have a countdown again like last time. The boys get excited to put the stickers on for another day down until we see you :-)
All our love
Jeana, Jacob, Levi, Gavin, & Asher

Aaron.
Great writing dude! I am so glad you are having an amazing time. So proud of you guys and I love you bro!!
Oh Faith is having trouble getting onto blog but she loves you very much and is doing great!

Great job everyone! You guys are awesome and we love you!

One more thing babe-easy on the Fanta this time :-)

jeana lindbert said...

Clearly I was a little one track minded earlier...PRAISE GOD for the salvations there!!! God is so faithful. Keep up the great work team!!!!

Unknown said...

So fun to hear the stories! Or read them that is. Prayin for you guys and hope it continues to be amazing!

Faith said...

Hello!!

You know, the moment I saw the word "unbelievable" I had this feeling it was you hon! It is awesome to hear how the trip is going from everyone's perspective and even more sweet coming from my hubby. I am so proud of you!! I love you Aaron:-)

Hope each of you are relishing in this amazing experience!!