Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 1 in Uganda

Hello to everyone back at home.  Team Uganda, consists of me (Tim Blevins), Ashley Lindbert, Aaaron Talley, Jim Willoughby, Lauren Wilson and my dad, David Blevins.  We are being led by Dustin Swineheart and another Sports Outreach team member, CC.  (I have know idea what her real name is.) 

The flight over here was an easy 24 hour journey.  Ashley sat beside a few crazy ladies on one flight that were trying to dance for Ashley. (Jeana- Ashley did nothing wrong, but he is always a hoot).   He always makes friends fast.  We arrived in Kampala and went straight to our hotel then to bed.  Everyone but Jim slept well.  Currently he is running on a total of about five hours of sleep over the last three days. 

Today, we got up ate breakfast and headed for Gulu which is about 5 hours north.  We crossed the Nile River, saw some baboons and made it to Gulu only to be welcomed by some of the friendliest people on earth at the Sports Outreach ministry.  We spent a few hours touring the ministry / farm and marveled at all that was going on.  These folks are amazing.

Tonight, we are at our new hotel in Gulu.  I have to be honest, we are not even close to suffering in these rooms.  We have very comfortable rooms, nice showers with warm water and great little place to eat.  So folks were doing great.

Tomorrow, we are going to visit the Village that Lifecc adopted, called Lajwatek.  We are very excited to see the new well that was dug earlier this year.  I want to give a quick shout out to the team that came here from the church last Feb.  Tomorrow as I see the well, I will be thinking of you.  So Dave, Rebecca, Rachael, and Jess you guys rock for being a part of the team that came to Uganda first. 

And to Lifecc... Thank you for supporting us and caring for the people in Lajwatek.  You donated money and have prayed for the adopted village.  Because of you a well is dug, a church is meeting and crops are being planted. 

To the wives and Lauren's dad and mom.  Thank you for the sacrifice you are making so that we can be here to share the Good News of grace through Jesus Christ.

And since I am writing this I get to give a special "I love You" to my awesome wife. 

God bless,
Tim Blevins

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys. So glad to hear everything is going well. There is no doubt in my mind that amazing things are going on there. I am sure more are to come.

Give Lauren a little squeeze from her mama and hugs for everyone else. We will continue to pray for the entire team and lift up Jim, so he can get good rest.

Love you all so very much!

Blessings to you all.

Veronica
AKA - Mom