Wednesday, October 5, 2011

God's Majestic Creation

We had a relaxing day today with 30 minutes extra sleep and a 4 hour drive to Paraa Safari Lodge in Kampala. Arriving at lunch to be greeted with a buffet fit for royalty, we ate with gratefulness since we are children of the King. We then hit the safari and it was amazing. Our guide began the tour with a list of animals we will see and ended with "...and hopefully we will get a chance to see a lion" with a response from us "...we WILL see a lion".  Donti replied "we will try" with one more response from us "Donti, you don't understand, we WILL see a lion and you will take us!" We all laughed with Donti wondering if we were serious or not...and we were.
Well we saw every wild creature they said we would... plus sighted a record 10 lions. (Don't underestimate  children of the King). We also saw many Ground Hornbills which are huge birds that once a mate is found they couple for life. When one dies, the other commits suicide by flying very high and taking a nose dive into the ground to their death. Now that's commitment. The safari was over 3 hours with a never-ending breathtaking view of God's majestic creation. To God be the glory.
We ended with a testimony from one of our drivers who has served us tirelessly since we have been here. His story was remarkable and a great surprise after seeing his extreme humility of servanthood throughout the week. Trying to rewrite it on the blog would not serve well at all, but a great story to ask about Robert's life on our return, especially since ESPN has recently reported about it, a book is being written and Disney just visited to make a movie about it as well.
Well, many are falling asleep in the lobby trying to get Internet to talk to all of our loved ones back home, but apparently the Internet is turned off at 11:00 and emotions are stirring.  If any are wondering if you are missed, even as much fun we are having experiencing God's amazing glory, we certainly miss you greatly, but will see you soon...and certainly have much to talk about.
Tomorrow is Murchison falls (check it out on the Internet) and then a drive for one more servant opportunity that we will write about tomorrow. To God be the glory. We love you all.

5 comments:

Rae said...

Hey there, Team! Glad you got to the rest-and-relaxation phase of the trip. I remember it felt like a honeymoon without my honey, but was so refreshing. I love the story of the lions! God was pouring his love on his precious ones, showing them his strength and grace!

I must say the previous entry was really exciting! Healings, deliverance (wow! way to stand in your authority Greg and McKinley!!!!), and hearing Esther's story from her own mouth--AMAZING!!!! What a send-off from Gulu!

Aa--I get sappier every day. I'm getting bad. By the time you return I may be spouting poetry or something! I really miss you. The kids really miss you. They've been pushing each others' buttons as well as Mom's and mine. I think we're going to have to come up with some more excuses to get out of the house and do something fun. The weather is so pleasant, it may be time to go park-hopping or something.

We went to Mom's Group this morning--all 4 of us. I told Sam and Siah that they would be the assistant babysitters since they would be so much older than the other kids and that if they were very helpful and polite, they would be paid a dollar each. They earned their dollars!

It was really refreshing for me to be with the moms. We prayed for you guys and the kids and it's just fun to be used of God to minister to other women. He's so good. Soooo good.

Mom went to the spa today to get a pedicure and some waxing done. Sam asked where she went while we were out and I told him the spa. "What's she doing at the spa?" "She's getting her toenails painted and getting waxed." "What does that mean?" "Well, she's having some hairs removed from her face..." "WITH WAX?!!! BAHAHAHA!"

Anyway, we are all very much looking forward to your return. Tiffany Ivey and I have decided to leave you and Sam home with the kids at some point this weekend and get our feet massaged! :) I'm trying to get a sitter for Saturday night so we can spend some time alone together.

Love you, love you, love you,
Rae
PS--I emailed the phone number to Ronald.

Rae said...

PS--How many lions did Flat Lincoln see? :)

Ashley Lindbert said...

Hi guys!
Figure this would be the last time to write. Know your time is drawing to a close and sure it is bittersweet.
I can't get off my mind the thought of power and authority that God has given you guys. You were casting out demons, infirmities, strongholds. You stood in the gap for those who couldn't do it themselves. You showed them the righteousness that is theirs if they will only grasp it. When Jesus died he said "it is finished!". You guys proved His truth by believing for His mercies and healing to rest on them. What absolute power!!
Wow I am overwhelmed by that power and I am miles and miles away. Think of the difference you guys have made in Gods name. I love how you all met physical needs to spiritual. How amazing to talk to Esther! What a mission for Lifepoint to visit their village and visit, make lasting relationships. Oh there is so much and I want to say how much I appreciate all the vivid blogs of the events and for all of you making such a difference. My heart wells up and my spirit rises up. This trip has taken me to a new place with my Savior and I didn't even go! Praising God for you guys, praying for safety and the unending embrace of our Father.

Mom I love you so much. I am so proud of you. Just when Satan thought he had hold of you, you said no way, get behind me, went, and I know touched so many!

Aaron I am so proud of you and love you lots bro

Ash-I love you!! Asher said to make sure I gave you a kiss, hug, high five, and knucks-no doubt you will understand that.

Love you guys and many blessings!!
Jeana

"I may be weak but You're spirits strong in me.  My flesh may fail but my God YOU NEVER WILL"...

Carrie Dickenson said...

Have enjoyed reading a bit about y'alls trip. Missing you CC! Looking forward to catching up with you back in NC!

Rebecca said...

We finally had some tears last night - I thought we might make it through, but sweet little AnnaRebecca was missing her daddy (I had my moment earlier).

Greg, you would be so proud of Nathan and Isaac. They have really stepped up to the plate the last couple of days and it has been such joy to watch them and be with them. I can tell they are really trying to be kind to their younger brother and sisters. Isaac has a cross country meet tomorrow - he is a little sore; said he needs to ice his leg. I think he is doing a great job with his running.

I got to spend some time with Susie this morning after taking the kids to school - that was so nice to have some time with her. Cameron said she has been praying for you all everyday (Katherine is, as well).

I made a list of all these things I hoped to accomplish while you were away and started off pretty strong, but don't get too excited - I quit after Saturday. Maybe I will pick back up tomorrow where I left off, but I doubt it.

Love to hear that Ashley is still bringing it on with his preaching - I think the hail stones would be enough for anyone to want to get saved- however you can bring them in Ashley it all works :) So proud of how each of you are allowing God to use you in every situation, it is such an encouragement to me and a reminder to be ready and willing to be used by Him.

I am going to say Happy birthday to you now, sweetie - I know I will probably not be able to communicate with you again until I see you Friday. Happy travels. Enjoy this last day in Africa. Can't wait to see you, McKinley, I miss your big hugs and your snuggles. All my love...

Rebecca